Sunday, August 16, 2009

I have a way with pipes!

Wow. I was weird a year ago. Not much has changed a year later. :)



So, I got off work tonight and, in my heightened state of boredom, I decided to check out the blogging scene. Much to my surprise, I discovered that I already had a blog of my very own! Not much of one, but still. It was quite fun to read the last blog entry after having forgotten about it altogether. It was like reading a note from future Shelila . . . . except that it was written in the past . . . . yeeaahh. Whatever.



I have a flippin' sweet job now! I'm a concessionaire/usher at a movie theater. (In layman's terms, I get paid minimum wage to sweep theaters and make popcorn.) I get free movies though! And heaven knows how much moolah that saves me. I'm kind of a movie fanatic. Favorite actors? Easy question. Johnny Depp, Jennifer Garner, Robert Downey, Jr., Sandra Bullock, and Shia Labeouf to name a few. Favorite movies? Not so easy to answer. In fact, I should probably save that for a different blog altogether.



Another exciting development: I'm going to be moving into an apartment in less than a week and starting my sophomore year of college! Whoo! Still don't have a major, but that will give me something to focus on this year. If you've got any suggestions, let me know. And please don't recommend that I take one of those quizzes that determines my major. I took that in highschool, and it said that I should be a flight attendant. I've never even been a passenger in a plane before!!!! That's not as bad a result as the one I got the second time around, though. I spent an hour or two putting all of the best possible answers and guess what I am supposedly meant to do for a living. Remember: this quiz is supposed to help you find the career that you will do for the rest of your life, not a part-time job just for kicks. I, Shelila, am meant for the wonderful task of pipe laying! Pipe laying?! What the heck does that mean?!



Mommy dearest, I have something to tell you. I'm dropping out of college to
become a professional pipe layer. It's my calling. . . . Stop laughing! I'm serious! I have a way with pipes!



Could you imagine how that would go over? Needless to say, I plan on finding a real job. (No offense to all you pipe layers out there. Indoor plumbing would be nonexistent without you.) Maybe I could do something with writing or movies. Or I could just draw a major out of a hat. ;) I'll let you know how that works out.



Well, until next time fellow bloggers. I promise not to wait so long to post a new blog. Of course, I don't think any of you are on the edge of your seat, anticipating another blog from Shelila. But just in case . . . I'll be back. Goodnight world!

Shelila


The Lucrative Business of Amber in Russia
My future boss

No comments:

Post a Comment